Manuscript Submission & Consultation
1. Email email@example.com to set up an initial phone conversation
2. Submit your full manuscript in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. After our initial conversation and your manuscript submission, it’s time to begin the official consultation. Our consultation fee is $100 and includes the following:
- Feedback on your manuscript
- Recommendations for editing, sample edits & an editing estimate
- A 30-minute+ phone, Skype or Facetime meeting to discuss publication options
- Note: If your book is not a good fit for OWL, you will not be charged the $100 fee or receive the above consultation.
Accepted manuscripts will compliment conservative Christian values regardless of if the content is directly presented as religious, faith-based, or not, and will align with our Statement of Faith and Values. Our Written Lives is not affiliated with a particular denomination but identifies as an independent Spirit-Filled Christian. The decision to accept a manuscript is based on the publisher’s discretion. We work on a limited number of books each year. At this time, we are only working with U.S. Citizens or with companies that have a U.S. EIN.
Publishing Package Price Scale:
Under 20K words: $1,000 (under 50 print book pages)
20K to 40K words: $1,500 (100-200 print book pages)
40K to 60K words: $2,000 (201-300 print book pages)
60K to 80K words: $3,000 (201-400 print book pages)
81K to 100K words: $4,000 (401-500 print book pages)
*Ask for a quote for full-color books
**Price depends on the number of print book pages, not word count.
Publishing Package Includes:
• One-on-one consulting and collaboration
• Layout and design of the book
• Cover Design from Stock Image (original cover art available for a fee)
• Library of Congress catalog number
• Listing in full distribution (Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com, etc.)
• Listing on OWL Blog, Website, and Newsletter
• The first 50 books mailed directly to you (U.S. only)
• Future book order cost of printing + shipping + $2/book
• One year+ contract, the author retains rights, no minimum book order requirements
- Copyright filing is an optional service, which requires an additional $150. Filing with the copyright office can take up to 8 months or longer. The filing fee is $55 as well as submitting two print copies of your book. It is not mandatory to submit a copyright registration. I am happy to discuss this option and weigh out the benefits of copyright filing with you during the consultation process.
- Kindle E-book edition is an additional fee based on the length of your book, starting at $150