I wanted to share the highlights of my year and OWL of Hope, so I decided to make a 2013 Memory Video! You’ll see pictures of me, family, friends, books and more.
- January – Started working as an online professor at Upper Iowa University
- February – Finished the first draft and first edit of Angel: The True Story of an Undeserved Chance, began reading the manuscript aloud with collaborators, began layout and design
- April – Officially set up OWL of Hope as an LLC
- May – Went to visit my family in Georgia and signed a contract with Ann Banco Reade to begin work toward publishing The Tiniest Tree
- June – Started working full-time as the AA/PR Specialist at the Rapides Parish Library
- June – Received the first shipment of Angel: The True Story of an Undeserved Chance
- July – Started selling Angel: The True Story of an Undeserved Chance at the Louisiana district campgrounds and White Steeple bookstore
- August to October – Worked with artist Sandra Burnett to produce artwork for The Tiniest Tree
- December – Received the first shipment of The Tiniest Tree, set up a book signing and storytime for Ann Banco Reade, started selling the book at Barnes and Nobel and E. Shaver Bookseller in Savannah, Georgia
Watch the video to see what else I did in 2013!
Rachael Hartman is an experienced writer and author. She has worked as a full-time newspaper reporter, and as a freelance contributor to magazines. She writes high school Sunday school material for Word Aflame Press as well as lessons for Project 7 (P7) student-led Bible Clubs, and blogs for Lady by Design. She enjoys health and exercise, reading, art, and playing with her two dogs Darla and Danny. She owns Our Written Lives of Hope, an online bookstore and publishing house in which she helps others share the message of the hope of Jesus Christ and promotes holistic health. Check out her web site at www.owlofhope.com and link to her on Facebook.
© Rachael Hartman 2014